Why the heck would anyone want to use Netmeeting on Vista? The Windows Meeting Space is built in and is far superior and has a feature set that is much more useful…but if your corporate masters are WAY behind the times (despite the millions of Microsoft investments)…..here’s how to get it working…
Thanks to BlackDiamond’s post at TechRepublic, here is how to do it:
- Download NM30.EXE from Microsoft.com
- Save the executable to your computer somewhere
- Right click on the file and select “Properties”.
- Click the “Compatibility” tab.
- Put a check in “Run This Program In Compatibility Mode For:”.
- Select Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5).
- Click “OK”.
- Double click the shortcut and install normally.Yeah….NetMeeting now works in Vista.
When you run NetMeeting you will be able to enter all the information as normal and will have to unblock netmeeting in the firewall.
The only thing that does not appear to be working is the Remote Desktop Sharing option, if anyone knows how to make it work, let us know!
Filed under: Microsoft