I am not going to pretend to have more answers then everyone else on the internet. There are some smart folks asking/answering questions on the internet and in the forums about Exchange Server 2010 and there is lots of information on Microsoft's site. I'd like to provide some summary information here for you...
If you don't know anything about the feature sets or the products have a look at Eileen's intervew with Ian Hameroff first.
Now into the reviews and explanations of the features...
- Martin has a list of features
- Oz has the pre-reqs to install Exchange
- Exchange Genie steps through the GUI install screens & the Command line install
- Scott Schnoll has some interesting posts as well, including:
- More Install steps
- Amit reviews
- Gold Systems takes on the UM Install
- The Three UC Amigos review What is new with Exchange 2010 UM
- Mark has a review of the client access features
- Oliver covers OWA and ECP
- E.J. Dyksen covers Mail Tips
- Adam Glick Demos Exchange 2010 Mobility
- Nathan has details on Configuring Certificates
- Steve Clagg has an Introduction to Attachment Inspection in Transport Rules
- Paul Robichaux has a few interesting posts
- Admin features in OWA
- Listing of PowerShell Cmdlets for Ex10 beta1
- Information Protection and Control
- Database Naming
- OWA 2010 vs. GMAIL
- Exchange 2010 UM supports MP3
- Osterman Research covers Voice as Text
- Alexander discusses the Should you upgrade?
- Anderson covers:
- David reviews the Exchange Management Shell in Exchange 2010
- Chris discusses the Web Services Managed API
- Henrick covers...
- Exchange 2010 Management Architecture
- Exchange Certificate Wizard
- Diagnostic Logging
- Revocable E-mail Addresses
- Exchange Management Shell button
- Multi-Organization access from one EMC
- Cross-Forest Mailbox Moves
- Online Mailbox Moves
- Using Remote PowerShell for Exchange
- Exchange 2007 & 2010 admin tools on one computer
- Ewan has a brief overview of HA in 2010. Henrick goes into the basics of Database Availability Groups . Tim goes deeper into the concepts and architecture behind Database Availability Group along with
- Brett points out a few locations in the MS documentation that are useful
- Oz has details on what is stored where when it comes to Exchange Server 2010 data being stored in AD
- Ilse Van Creikinge covers registering Exchange security extensions
Products that are in the same Wave 14 are being talked about too...
- The SharePoint team talks about SharePoint 2010
- Mitch Hall is talking about Forefront 2010 for Exchange 2010
- John Fontana is talking about OCS 2010
- The MS Presspass has the basic coverage on the wave
- The Outlook team have details on Outlook 2010
Some issue resolution for those of you testing already (check the support forums first)... then have a look at these...
- Aaron Tiensivu covers the error that includes "The WS-Management service cannot process the request"
- Amit Tank covers Exchange Server 2010 Hub Transport Role Installation Failure
- Amit also reviews a long series of known issues and FAQ items
- Oz Casey Dedeal discusses the error "530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated" in Exchange Server 2010
For those of you looking to learn the features and don't have access to a lab or spare computers. I suggest you take a look at the Exchange Server 2010 training on the MS Learning site - there is clinic 6900 also. John pointed out some downloadable training from Microsoft.
Of course the most relevant - why upgrade? well because Exchange Server 2003 is on extended support now