My blog is turning into a collection of podcast episodes in which I share deep insights into investing in startups.... Not sure that's so terrible. This one with Tatyana Gray was a lot of fun. I think you'll enjoy it!
- 00:02:10 – How did Josh get started in angel investing?
- 00:03:50 – Starting out is always a little scary.
- 00:07:30 – Angel investors come from a variety of different backgrounds.
- 00:14:20 – osh believes he’s more of a value investor.
- 00:17:35 – Who are the angel investors Josh interviewed for his book?
- 00:22:00 – What is the definition of an angel investor?
- 00:24:50 – How do angel investors really make money in startups?
- 00:29:35 – Is angel investing really like a second or third job?
- 00:33:35 – The great thing about angel investing is you know who the founders are.
- 00:37:30 – What kind of challenges will angel investors face?
- 00:40:35 – You really need a mentor or a good educational resource when you’re first starting out.
- 00:41:00 – Josh gives a shout out to Booktrope.
- 00:44:35 – Josh shares additional resources.
- 00:47:15 – Feel free to follow Josh on Twitter @JoshMaher.
There's a few more to come and I also recently gave a great talk at the 8th Seattle Angel Conference. I'll be sharing more of the video content and slides in the coming weeks as well. Plus the exclusive Geoff Entress chapter is nearly complete. If you signed up for the list and bought the book you should be receiving it soon.
If you haven't signed up for the Startup Wealth mailing list (sign up here) there's going to be a lot more great stuff coming your way soon. More exclusive interviews, access to special events, early notice about new books, classes, workshops, and tools to help you be a better investor, help you raise more money successfully, or simply learn more about how early stage investing works.